- 1 Cali’flour Jalapeño Pizza Crust
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 3 ears of corn, husks, and silks removed
- 1 poblano pepper (optional)
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 batch citrus pickled red onion and jalapeño
- 1 cup cotija cheese
- Optional garnishes: sliced avocado, cilantro leaves, pepitas, sour cream drizzle
1. Prepare Crust according to packaging.
2. Preheat a grill to 450°F or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the poblanos, turning occasionally until blackened and tender, about 12 minutes. Rub the corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste then grill the corn, turning occasionally until charred in places, about 10-15 minutes.
3. Transfer the poblanos to a bowl, cover, and let sit until cool enough to handle. Transfer the corn to a cutting board until cool enough to handle. Once cool cut the kernels from the cob with a serrated knife.
4. Rub off the blackened poblano skins with a paper towel, remove the stems and seeds, then cut into a small dice.
5. Once the Crust has cooked, start to build the pizzas: spread a few tablespoons of pesto on the Crust. Then add the corn kernels, diced poblanos. Top with pickled red onions and jalapeños to taste, then crumble ¼ of the cotija cheese over the pizza. Place back in the oven and back for 3 minutes more until the cheese is beginning to melt and the crust is golden.
6. Once cooked through top the pizzas with the desired garnishes and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Adapted from: https://thismessisours.com/grilled-mexican-street-corn-pizza/