- 1 Cali’flour Plain Crust
- Olive oil, as needed
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 lbs thinly sliced onions (approximately 4 large whole onions)
- 2 large sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp sherry wine
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/2 lb gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Grated parmesan cheese, for topping
1. Cook crust as instructed on packaging.
2. Heat a large Dutch oven (or heavy-bottomed pot) over medium-high heat. Coat the bottom with olive oil. Add the butter and let melt. Add the onions, thyme, and bay leaves. Season with a generous pinch of salt and cracked black pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
3. Lower the heat to medium-low and continue to cook the onions until soft and golden, about 40-45 minutes, stirring often. Add the sherry wine and beef stock. Turn the heat up to medium and cook for about 6-8 minutes longer, or until the liquid has reduced. Turn off the heat and let the onions cool slightly.
4. Brush the crust with olive oil to coat the entire surface. Distribute the gruyere and mozzarella cheeses on top of the dough, leaving a ½” border for the crust. Top with the french onions.
5. Broil for 1-2 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted. Transfer the pizza to a cutting board. Slice and serve immediately. Top with grated parmesan, any extra thyme leaves you have on hand, and more freshly cracked black pepper. Enjoy!