- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the bowl and the squash
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt, plus more for the squash
- 2 heaping cups peeled, cubed butternut squash
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, divide
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- A few torn kale leaves
PREPARE THE CRUST
Pre-bake the Cali’flour Crust as instructed in an oven at 375-400 on a vented pizza pan, pizza screen, or on a non-stick cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for a minimum of 10 minutes.
Place squash on a baking sheet large enough to arrange it in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake the squash, stirring once or twice, until soft and beginning to caramelize, about 30 minutes. Add the shallots to the pan, stir to coat in the existing oil, and return the squash and shallots to the oven until the shallots have softened, about 15 minutes. Transfer the squash and shallots to the bowl of a food processor. Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and process until smooth.
Top the crust with the squash puree, then sprinkle with fontina, kale leaves, and the remaining Parmesan.
Bake the pizza for 15 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.