- Cali'flour Foods Flatbreads
- 1/4 cup olive oil + a little more for drizzling
- 3 medium cloves garlic (minced (about 1 tablespoon))
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (can sub vegan cheese)
- 1/2 small sweet onion (sliced)
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bacon (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix the 1/4 cup olive oil with the minced garlic.
- Place flatbreads on a baking sheet. Brush the top of each flatbread with a little of the olive oil garlic mixture.
- Lay onions on pitas, then sprinkle each with 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella.
- Slice the stem end off of the Brussels sprouts and peel off the outer layer or two of leaves. Rinse and dry. Thinly slice sprouts from end to top. Add to bowl with remaining olive oil and garlic, and toss well.
- Divide Brussels sprouts between each flatbread. Pile loosely to about 1/2 inch of the edge of the flatbreads.
- Top individual flatbreads with crumbled bacon, if using.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, along with a generous pinch of kosher salt (use a light hand with the salt on those with bacon), and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle each lightly with about another teaspoon of olive oil.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes until flatbreads are golden brown and getting crisp around the edges, the cheese is melted, and the shredded Brussels are tender.
- Cut into quarters and serve!