- 2 Packages of Cali'flour Original Flatbreads
- 1.5 pound ground beef
- 14 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 red bell pepper, remove core and seeds, chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Cashews and green onions for garnish
1. COOK FLATBREADS:
Place non-stick cooking pan on medium heat.
Cook frozen flatbread 1 – 2 minutes on each and set aside.
2. Carefully rinse each butter lettuce leaf and pat dry. Be sure to not tear the leaves.
3. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of sesame seed oil over medium high heat and add in the minced garlic along with the ground beef. Allow to cook until the beef becomes crumbly and browned. Around 7 minutes.
4. Once beef is cooked, remove and drain and discard the grease. Transfer the beef to a bowl and set to the side.
5. To the hot skillet, add the chopped red bell pepper. Cook until the peppers become tender. About 3 minutes.
6. Transfer the beef back to the pan with the red pepper. Combine together with a spoon.
7. To the beef, add the coconut aminos, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes and ground ginger. Combine all ingredients with a spoon and allow to cook together, another 3 minutes or so.
8. Arrange the flatbreads on a platter, add lettuce and a heaping spoonful of the beef mixture into each.
9. Garnish each lettuce cup with green onions and cashews. Enjoy