Healthy Holiday Hacks is about supporting you during this most temptatious time of year. Let's be honest, it's not easy to eat healthy during the holidays. The struggle is REAL. Everywhere you look temptation exists: cookies and candy in the office, drinks with family and friends, office parties with endless buffets and holiday travel with the dreaded airport food. All this and more could derail just about anyone from a healthy and well-established routine.
In this edition of Healthy Holiday Hacks, we're covering appetizers. Everyone loves these small bite-sized treats that start most meals and adorn many holiday platters. Unfortunately, most are filled with loads of carbs, calories and fillers. We've compiled some of our favorite app alternatives. So, the next time you're invited to a soiree, offer to take one of these lower-carb options!
One last thing! We're guessing you're already whipping up some of your own dishes. We'd love to hear about 'em! Feel free to comment below or reach out to us on social with some of your favorites.
Without further ado... here they are, in no particular order:
- Goat Cheese with Cali'Crisps: Everyone loves a good cheese log. What separates this from your typical yuletide fave? We're subbing crackers for Cali'Crisp (crackers made from our crusts).
- Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels: We put a fun and healthy spin on jalapeño poppers by using our low-carb, cauliflower crusts!
- Deviled Egg Sailboats: These little devils are as tasty as they are cute! Complete the look with a Cali'Crisp Cracker.
- Easy Cheesy Low Carb Breadsticks: You had us at Easy and Cheese. These breadsticks are perfect for dipping in marinara or eating with your favorite salad. Look out Olive Garden... we're coming for you!
- Cranberry Sauce, Bacon and Gorgonzola Minis: We'd be crazy if we didn't include a festive pizza. These mini's are made using our flatbreads! Cut 'em into quarters so even more friends can enjoy!
- Stuffed Baby Bellas: A low-carb take on this classic dish. Cut the carbs when you sub out the breadcrumbs for pulsed cauliflower crusts...of course.
- Ricotta Crisps with Pomegranate Salsa: Pomegranate is always a show stopper. Top some of our "crisps" with ricotta, lemon zest and a pomegranate salsa for a fresh take on cheese and crackers.