It is the holiday season and what comes with that is typically many large holiday meals. We often find ourselves overeating for days and while there are numerous treats to devour, they might not always bode well for a healthy lifestyle. But our Healthy Holiday Hacks are here to support you during this time of year. Our Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Maggie, curated our top healthy tips as well as some of our favorite recipes that transform our Cali’flour products into holiday dishes everyone will love!
- Don’t save for that one meal and then stuff yourself. It is better for your health to eat frequent small meals and the holidays don’t have to be any different. By balancing your daily meals, you won’t feel that oh-so dreaded food coma
- Make it a well-rounded plate. Aim to include lean sources of protein, healthy fats and complex carbs as part of your holidays meals to better fuel your body.
- Squeeze in a fun walk after a meal. Remember that food is our bodies’ fuel so by going for a nice stroll after your holiday meals you are not only getting some fresh air, but you’re also providing healthy movement that benefits you!
- Enjoy the food you’re eating and joy it brings to you and your loved ones. Food is personal and it can bring so much joy to so many people over the holidays – capture that and appreciate the happiness it brings to the table this season.
- Remember this season only comes once a year so don’t be hard on yourself. Even if none of the above works if your favor this holiday season, don’t sweat it, you’ll still wake up the next day, perfectly you.
Keto Spinach Dip and Crackers: Every holiday party needs a delicious dip and we’ve got you covered with this keto spinach dip that pairs perfectly with our Italian Herb Crackers.
Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels: We put a fun and healthy spin on jalapeño poppers by using our low-carb, cauliflower crusts!
Deviled Egg Sailboats: These little devils are as tasty as they are cute (oh, and they’re keto friendly)! Complete the look with a Cali'Crisp Cracker.
Cranberry Sauce, Bacon and Gorgonzola Minis: We'd be crazy if we didn't include a festive pizza. These mini's are made using our flatbreads! Cut 'em into quarters so even more friends can enjoy!
Lox Tostada: Tostadas for Christmas might top your list once you try these. This easy crowd pleaser will leave everyone wanting to come back for more!
Butternut Squash and Kale Pizza: This is the perfect comfort food to eat during the winter. Top our low-carb, gluten-free cauliflower crust with seasonal veggies and parmesan cheese.
Mushroom Cali’Crisp Stuffing: Team stuffing or team dressing? Either way, nothing says indulgence like bread-based side. Trick yourself and guests with this “stuffing” made from pulsed cauliflower crusts.
Christmas Cheesecake Minis Naughty or nice? These cheesecake bites will satisfy everyone on your list! This holiday season, make desserts low-carb and almost guilt-free by swapping out gluten crusts with our cauliflower crusts. Cheesecake Minis with pomegranate sauce will be a new family tradition!
Chocolate Mousse Tart: Calling all chocolate lovers. This tart is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Baked Pears With Pomegranate, Walnuts and Cinnamon Crumble:Our plain, low-carb crusts can be pulsed into a delicious crumble to adorn your favorite winter fruit. This dessert will inspire a new holiday tradition.